So, I have to find the rest of my Greece journal. It's somewhere in the million boxes I packed when I moved back to the states. In there somewhere would also be the journal from my Europe trip a couple of years ago, but I was far too busy living that trip to really write about it, anyway. So that doesn't hold much. BUT. I found my Dominica journal today. An acquaintance of mine is traveling right now. A lot. He is writing a blog about it and sending the posts out to friends and family and anyone else who has signed up to receive the latest. I am one of them.
Here's the thing; anyone who has a stamp in his or her passport has had THE conversation. The one where someone tells you that they wish they could travel. Where you tell them they can. You explain that it's mostly a matter of wanting it and a little bit about saving for it and that anyone can go nearly anywhere, really. For me, a lot of these conversations have proven fruitless. The asker continues to wish they could travel and leaves it there. They think it's scary. Or they think it's too expensive. They don't realize that it can be both of things, and that it is worth it. 100%, zero question, zero doubts, zero debate worth it. So this is for them. I'm going to post, word for word, my journal from Dominica. And then I'm going to find my Greece journal and the bits of paper I found to write on when I bounced around Europe with my five crazy friends and I'm going to post all of it. In hopes that one of my beloved wishers will read it and stop wishing. Which is why I started this thing in the first place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment